Saturday, November 03, 2012

The completed paintings + 1

Day 1 painting; I didn't actually do anymore work on this one. I just put a coat of Resin Gel to bring back the color.
"V", Steven J Parrish, Oil on Linen, 8 x 10, Complete

 Day 2; I didn't actually do anymore work on this one. I just put a coat of Resin Gel to bring back the color.
"Art Deco Pipe Wrench", Steven J Parrish, Oil on Linen, 8 x 10,  Complete

Day 3; I worked on the lemon slice, re-shaped the bottom of the pitcher, added the burn out between the lemon and the cup. Sorry about the glare photo taken with iPad. 

"Lemon Aided", Steven J Parrish, Oil on Linen, 8 x 10, Complete
 Day 4; I re-painted the top cup completely.

"C Cups", Steven J Parrish, Oil on Linen, 10 x 8, Complete
Bonus painting (The +1); I painted this in Bethlehem, PA last year with Linda Volrath and Sandra Corpora. I have always wanted to finish it and today was the day. This is part of the construction being done at the Steel Stacks renovation at the old Bethlehem Steel Mill. All three of us painted this view that day, the construction workers thought we were crazy painting their equipment. I don't think we ever convinced them how beautiful it was. I do think they appreciated our interest in what they do. Follow the this link to Linda's painting Sandra didn't put her version on her website.

"Steel Stacks Construction", Steven J Parrish, Oil on Linen, 10 x 8




1 comment:

northierthanthou said...

I rather like the backhoe piece.