Friday, November 16, 2007

With our New York trip behind us we are looking forward to getting back into our respective studios and painting. I hope to have the still life I have been working on at a point where I can be in evaluation and final adjustment mode this week. Linda has several paintings in progress and might start something new. I never know until I walk into her studio what she might have going on. Unless we decide to attempt some "snow scenes" we should be in our studios for the rest of the winter. I hope to have my newest still life done in time to submit to the Oil Painters of America 2008 National show, I'll let you know if I make it.

On a technical note I have been playing with light control in my studio for almost five years now and think I am finally getting it under control. I have some more improvements to make when I take down my current setup. I didn't want to change in the middle of a painting, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Steven J Parrish

No comments: