Wednesday, November 07, 2007




Here are the three finished plein air paintings form our recent painting trip. They were painted on site in one or two sessions. The painting of the train bridge was interesting because I was just a few feet from what I found out was a very busy freight train track. Several of the trains had to stop and wait for other tracks to clear, so the train engine was just a few feet away rumbling me and my easel and surrounding me with diesel fumes. A couple of railroad workers walking the tracks to do inspections thought I was crazy painting rusty old railroad equipment. I told them they see it so much that they had gotten used to its beauty, they laughed and kept walking. The other two are my first attempts at painting water, I think they turned out OK, I still need to work on the transparency of the non reflecting water areas. I will definitely paint more streams when I get the chance.

Steven

No comments: