Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Painting live at the 

 "Odd Lot", Steven J Parrish, 20"x16", Oil on Linen

Steven J Parrish painting at the Shenandoah Arts Council open studio tour November 13th and 14th 2010.

As part of the open studio tour I packed up half my studio and set up at the Shenandoah Arts Council's building. I worked on a still life painting I had put together just for the event. I had a great time talking to all the people who stopped in to watch. It was a bit of paint by request. "When are you going to paint that part?"  "Well, now I guess", "How are you going to paint that section?" "Let's find out, now". What a way to get you out of your usual painting method. Everyone was supportive, friendly, and seemed to enjoy seeing the process of creating a work of art. Now I just have to make sure I finish the painting and put it in an exhibit at the council so people can see the final result.

My sincerest thank you to everyone, your kind words are most heart felt and much appreciated.

No comments: